and a whole bunch of startups.
Checks the identity behind the certificate
Takes "7-10 days"
CertSimple do this in an average of 5 hours.
- Governments in 62 countries
- Independent business directories
- Data cleansing services
- Fuzzy matching
- webcrypto / custom openssl / powershell generation
- SSE for realtime updates
- Certificate Authority
How CertSimple is built
- We use npm on the backend
- We use npm on the frontend
- All our code lives in npm modules
- All our components live in npm modules
- All our styles live in npm modules
Why we chose npm
How you can use npm
All the things you'll wish you knew earlier
npm is where the packages areJSPM: 451 modules
we needed was officially maintained on npm
frontend attitude to npm
USE MAINTAINED OPEN SOURCE PROJECTS
NOT CODE COPIED FROM STACKOVERFLOW
Things we didn't know we needed
Other module formats?
- window globals are dead
- RequireJS never had a module repository - dead
- UMD only exists because of globals and Require
- Very few ES6 packages, and they’ll be on npm anyway
Our node backend is also pure modules
Why just modules?
- Simple imports
- Easier to open source
- Write it like you'd publish it.
Bundling npm modules
Your code + dependencies
GULP AND BROWSERIFY
bundle contains all the dependencies
frontend module - package.json
frontend module - index.js
GULP AND BROWSERIFY
What about HTML?
Use 'sass-npm' to import SASS from npm files.
Style things relative to component
A module per component
KEEPING BUNDLES SMALL
Not delivering a 3MB JS bundle
KEEPING YOUR CODE RELEVANT
Sublime .project prioritises private modules
sublime .project file
package.json isn't enough
- a version 1.0.0 - only use b version 1.2.0
- b version 1.2.0 - use version c 1.0.0 or newer
- c - could be any version newer than 1.0.0
Provides consistent deploys
Specifies the full tree, all the way down
Built into npm (use npm v3)
- We can find stuff - JS, HTML & SASS in one place
- We can reuse anything without extra work!
This is what we use in production at CertSimple
I will tweet storm links to everything now.
$50 off CertSimple
Browserify + gulp
BRFSractivesass-npmSublime prioritise private modules